Reno Coin Dealer
Sierra Coin is Reno's premier coin buyer and seller of gold and silver coins. We've bought some of the very largest coin hoards and collections to come out of this area of old Reno and Lake Tahoe.
Owner Larry Demangate has over 40 years experience in the field and is the areas top dealer in coin hoards, estates and collections. Above all, we believe in the words of Christ and therefore treat people the way we want to be treated; fairly, with dignity and respect. Our entire life is Christ; we live, eat, breathe and sleep this.
We remain flexible in pricing coins and bullion so that you can be assured of the best price possible.
- We buy and sell gold and silver coins
- Sierra Coin - Silver Dollar specialist
- Buy scrap gold and silver
- Appraisals for coin and currency collections
- We love toned coins like you see on this page
About Larry Demangate, Reno / Sparks Coin Dealer & Specialist
Coin Experience and Qualifications
- Owner and operator Sierra Coin Co. collector and dealer in coins since 1967.
- Member American Numismatic Association 30 years.
- lndustry Council for Tangible Assets organization member for rare coins and bullion in good standing.
- Professional Coin Grading Service long term member in good standing.
- Numismatic Guarantee Corporation long term member in good standing.
- Expert witness in courts in Nevada and California.
- Reno Coin Club, Board member for 20 years and life/founding member.
- Holder of open accounts with the largest numismatic and bullion organizations in the country.
- Various coin workshops, studies, seminars, lectureships over a lifetime.
- Conducting of programs encompassing broad subject matter in presentations and teaching of coins including classes on grading coins, counterfeit detection, tone coins, error coins, etc.
- General ambassador of numismatics to the community and speaking engagements in varied civil realms.
- Servicing mining industry in Nevada, California, Oregon, Idaho and Alaska.
- Services of professional confidential coin appraisals for individuals, banks, trusts, estates and insurance companies.